NEWS The Abbott government is using tightened conditions in community funding agreements to silence its critics. In the revised service agreements, under which the federal government provides funding to about 140 community legal centres around Australia, the new conditions specifically state that organisations cannot use Commonwealth money for any activity directed towards law reform or advocacy. These agreements came into effect on 1 July 2014. Read more …
Welcome ~ Merħba
Welcome to the website of the Maltese Community Council of Victoria (MCCV), an umbrella organisation of Maltese associations.
Merħba fis-sit elettroniku tal-Kunsill tal-Komunita’ Maltija ta’ Victoria, organizzazzjoni ‘umbrella’ ta’ għaqdiet Maltin.
- Abbott government tightens funding conditions to silence community critics 26 Jul 2014
- Largest ethnic community station in Australia Radio 3ZZZ celebrates 25 years 10 Jul 2014
- Nominations invited for MCCV Community Awards 2014 – date for nominations extended to 31 August 30 Jul 2014
- Alfred Fenech (1937-2014) – a stalwart advocate for the Maltese in NSW 01 Jul 2014
- Frank Consiglio (1922-2014) – A staunch supporter of Maltese migrants 28 Jun 2014
- EU Commissioner again calls on Malta to let all its citizens vote 25 Jun 2014